Best quality fluorocarbon coating!
What is Fluoropolymer Coatings?
Fluoropolymer coatings are blends of high performance resins and Fluoropolymer lubricants.Most of the useful properties of Fluoropolymer are due to fluorine, the most electro-negative element and the most reactive non- metal. Its atomic radius is the smallest next to hydrogen, and it forms extremely strong bonds with other elements. When reacted with Carbon in Fluoropolymer, the extremely strong, tight bond produces an extraordinary combination of properties. These single coat thin films provide excellent corrosion and chemical resistance. Other benefits of Fluoropolymer coatings include reduced friction, resistance to galling, non stick, non wetting, electrical resistance and abrasion resistance. Fluoropolymer coatings are applied to fasteners and various OEM components to provide a longer life before replacement.
Why Would Coating Bolts Make Sense In Some Situations?
- Cleaning and painting of bare steel bolts in the field is likely to be difficult, expensive, and in some cases, not feasible.
- The plain bolts, after stuffing in the holes, are expected to sit out in the weather for an extended period of time and get dried out and rusty, making correct tightening difficult or impossible.
- Release or retightening of the bolt within the foreseeable future is neces
- Due to its unique benefits, Fluoropolymer Coating has been applied to various types and grades of fasteners. The water works industry takes advantage of the superior corrosion resistance properties by coating Hex-head bolts for underground service. Stainless steel fasteners, used in many different industries, are coated for lubricity and anti-galling.
- Fluoropolymer coatings are extremely durable and not easily removed. However, during assembly of fasteners in the field, the coating can sometimes be damaged. With most other fluoropolymer coatings, this results in exposed bare metal that quickly begins to show corrosion and causes the coating to fail. Our metallic base coat ensures superior corrosion resistance and continues to provide protection even under the harshest conditions.